DUBLIN, November 24, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The report “Automotive Software – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global Automotive Software Market To Reach $ 29.3 billion by 2026
Global automotive software market estimated at US $ 17.7 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of US $ 29.3 billion by 2026, with a CAGR of 8.9% over the analysis period.
Also referred to as software for on-board vehicle systems, automotive software covers programmable data instructions used to perform various tasks of on-board computer applications such as infotainment, telematics, communication, body control and comfort, the group powertrain, safety and advanced driving assistance. systems (ADAS).
The growth of the global market is due to the increasing influx of emerging and advanced technologies in vehicle models to improve functionality, safety and driving experience. The incorporation of new features and the increasing use of connectivity services for communication and real-time data transfer are creating a high demand for automotive software solutions that provide high convenience and utility to customers.
Global adoption of automotive software is also driven by stringent safety and fuel efficiency regulations coupled with the incorporation of electronics-based safety and driving comfort systems. Mandatory installation of electronic call systems and reversing cameras in all vehicles to reduce the risk of reversing accidents is sure to increase market growth.
Application software, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.7% to reach US $ 18.3 billion at the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the Middleware segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 8.5% for the next 7 year period.
This segment currently accounts for a 30.1% share of the global automotive software market. Application software is the software layer designed to help users run applications developed and defined by automotive manufacturers and incorporated into vehicles to perform single or multiple tasks. The growing integration of infotainment and telematics services is driving the demand for application software.
Middleware is the software layer that resides between operating systems and application components. Middleware software manages application components that run on distributed hosts and primarily establishes communications between applications and the back end.
The US market is estimated at $ 2.4 billion in 2021, when China is expected to reach $ 7.4 billion by 2026
The automotive software market in the United States is estimated at 2.4 billion US dollars in 2021. The country currently represents a 13.28% share of the global market. China, the world’s second-largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of 7.4 billion US dollars during the year 2026, with a CAGR of 10.4% during the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each projects growth of 6.7% and 7.6% respectively over the period of analysis. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow by around 8.2% CAGR while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach 8.3 billion US dollars at the end of the analysis period. Market growth in Asia Pacific region is driven by the growing adoption of connected mobility and intelligent transport systems.
Market growth is also being driven by the enforcement of strict emissions regulations in countries like Japan, China and India, driving the adoption of automotive software for powertrain and engine management systems. Europe represents the second largest regional market and growth is driven by growing concerns about vehicle and driver safety as well as the resulting implementation of intelligent transport systems.
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic and looming global recession: 2020 marked as a year of disruption and transformation
- Impact of the pandemic on the automotive industry
- Adoption of COVID-19 Driven Technologies Among Auto Manufacturers Has Positive Implications for the Global Automotive Software Market
- An introduction to automotive software
- Automotive software applications in vehicles
- Industry standards
- Growing Integration of Advanced Technology into Vehicle Scripts Phenomenal Growth Story for Automotive Software Market
- Connectivity As New Buzzword Boosts Automotive Software Market Growth
- The influx of new technologies continues to fuel growth
- Obstacles to Market Growth
- Analysis by product type
- Analysis by application
- Analysis by end-use: passenger cars remain the main growth segment
- Regional analysis
- Competitive scenario
- Recent market activity
- Select global brands
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 247 featured)
- Airbiquity, Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Aptiv API
- Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
- Denso Corporation
- Google Inc.
- Green Hills Software Inc.
- Intel company
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Lectronix, Inc
- Luxoft Global Operations GmbH
- Lynx Software Technologies, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- MSC Software Company
- Nuance Communications, Inc.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- Oxbotica LTD
- Tesla Motors Inc.
- MathWorks, Inc.
- Vector Informatik GmbH
- Wind River Systems, Inc
3. MARKET TRENDS AND FACTORS
- Automotive electronics: the cornerstone of the evolution of software solutions
- The Continued Proliferation of Digital Technologies Maintains a Gradual Tide in the Automotive Software Market
- With advanced technologies having a big impact on the automotive industry, automotive software is poised to expand its footprint
- Continuous improvements to business models to increase the importance of automotive software
- Over the Air (OTA) software updates for cars: the next step in software evolution
- Changing automotive revenue streams make software expertise the core competency of automotive manufacturers
- Declining New Car Sales Growth Through 2025 Directs OEMs to New Revenue Streams
- The shift to recurring revenue streams makes ‘software’ an indispensable platform for service delivery
- As the fuel that powers the era of connected cars, automotive software is poised to take full advantage of the explosive growth of connected car services
- Infotainment systems as a point of contact for connectivity, become the focus of software development activity
- Evolving Role of V2X to Further Reinforce the Importance of Automotive Software
- Telematics software: a key component of modern motor vehicles
- Autonomous cars: a mine of growth opportunities for automotive software
- Technological forces driving the self-driving car segment
- Critical need for sensor fusion in automobiles increases importance of software
- Automotive HMI: a rich application area for software
- Migration to automatic transmission systems reinforces the importance of software and algorithms for transmission control systems
- The rise of X-By-Wire technologies offers software the possibility of increasingly replacing mechanical and hydraulic components
- Strong ADAS Adoption Accelerates Software Essentials
- Adoption of on-board vehicle health monitoring and diagnostic system drives growth
- Security regulations increase pressure on software
- TPMS regulations drive demand for software driver components
- Fuel Management and Safety Standards Drive Automotive Engine Management Systems Market
- Growing Leniency in Airbag Technology Expands Prospects for Automotive Software
- OEMs focus on reducing software development costs
- Hybrid cars promise high volume of software deployments
- Automotive software outsourcing is growing in popularity
- The increase in software content increases the risk of failure and the difficulty of repair
- Cybersecurity and Compliance: Red Button Issues for Automotive Software Market
- Automotive supply chain vulnerabilities pose a security threat to software systems
4. WORLD MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nkghb5
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
View original content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-automotive-software-market-report-2021-2026—rising-integration-of-advanced-technology-in-vehicles-scripts – phenomenal growth story-301431741.html
SOURCE Research and Markets